Friday, October 23, 2009

Links of Interest - Musicals

My absolute passion in life is Musicals. I can’t get enough of them. I tend to know about all the new musicals coming out and I generally get an audition through my agent for most of the UK tours and west end shows.

I’m forever going online to watch musical preview clips of shows yet to come or just generally watching clips of shows I've already seen. YouTube is my top resource for watching the videos.

3 Musicals I am mad about at the moment are Sister act of which I saw the previews in May 2009, Wicked of which I've seen numerous times in the UK including the original UK cast and on Broadway and legally blonde which I flew to New York to see the original cast. Legally Blonde is soon to open at the Savoy Theatre in London.

I'm so passionate about musicals and spend a lot of my free time reading up about them because its what I do. The feeling I get when I'm on stage performing is just immense. Being part of a group of performers all passionate about creating an art and having fun doing it. When I watch musicals I can instantly feel what the artists feel and that’s why I devote my time staying interested in the art.
Below are some video clips from YouTube of these shows.


This is the Promo Video of 'Raise Your Voice' from the new musical Sister Act. This was realised as a little sneaky peak before the show previewed. When i saw this i knew i had to book my tickets straight away!



Legally Blonde was a BIG hit on Broadway, It's soon to open its doors in the West End this coming December. Here's a clip form the end of ACT 1 on Broadway.





This video is the last song of ACT 1 from Wicked the musical. Its a special video as its the last performance from Kerry Ellis (Elphaba) She was the original Elphaba in the UK and has been so successful in the part that she was asked to play the part on Broadway for 6 months.
I have seen this actress play this role so many times i made sure i was there for her final performance. The atmosphere in the theatre was electric. Ive never seen anything like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment