Thursday, October 22, 2009

People I Admire - Laura Churchill


Laura is a friend of 7 years. We both started working for DisneyLand together at the same time and lived in the same house. Originally from Liverpool she danced from a tender age and carried it on through her teen years into her adult life. She has so much passion for dance and you can see this when she performs.

She left Disney to pursue further dancing and travelled to different countries to do this.
Laura decided quite early on that she wanted to settle down in England with her fiancée (from London) and so moved to London to set up her own dance school. A very big ambition for a young girl in a big city!

She started off in a church hall where she advertised a Saturday school for young children, advertising it in local shops. She now has over 300 students, 10 staff and a timetable of dance classes that run from a Monday to Saturday.
She invited me to teach a few classes whilst I was living in London and it was then I felt so proud of my friend and the achievements she had made. The children aged 4 – 18 were all very talented and were really enjoying being apart of her school.
It was also teaching at her school that made me realise I had a passion for teaching as well as performing and this is what has sparked me to study for my degree.

All of this was achieved in as little as 5 years and through the success and hard work she will soon be able to give her school its very own building. All this hasn’t come easy though and she has sacrificed so much to make it work. I really admire her for having a dream and making it reality. I cant wait to watch it blossom even more.



www.honeyzschoolofdance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment