Thursday, October 22, 2009

People I Admire - Walter Disney

Born December 5th 1901
Died December 15th 1966

The man who made dreams come true!

I can still remember Christmas 1990 when I received my first 2 Disney movies. I can still remember the feeling as I opened the presents to discover I had been given The Little Mermaid and Fantasia. There aren’t many childhood memories that are so vivid so I ask myself why I remember this one so much. Disney has played such a key role in my life, I have always been a dreamer and Disney let me dream through his art of animation and telling us “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes”


I grew up collecting every Disney Classic Animation that came came out.
I remember at the end of The Little Mermaid there was a short film where a child fell asleep and in his dream he drifted off in a balloon to a magical land, DisneyLand Paris. It was basically an advertisement of the new park that was soon to open in a year. That video only made me dream of being there and enjoying all the magic that all the other kids were enjoying.
As I grew up and became a lot older Disney never faded in my life, I applied for a job at the Disney Store and was over the moon when I’d got it. For years id watch the Disney shows and parades on videos and wished that I could be in one. Id always put my music on and fantasise that I was in the Disney film.

In August 2002 I auditioned to be in the Disney parade knowing that before I started the audition, if I got the job it would mean the world to me. In September 2002 I started working at DisneyLand in the Parade department.
My work for Disney only grew from there, I played goofy on ice and my proudest achievement was playing Christopher Robin in the Winnie The Pooh Show. I was the only real boy on stage surrounded by the characters who’s voices were on ‘playback’. To perform that role really was a dream come true.



I eventually left Disney having created a bigger dream in my life. To better myself in the entertainment industry and to perform in bigger things. That’s when I decided to go to The Northern Ballet School to better myself as a dancer so I could enter the Musical Theatre industry and on graduation that’s when I got into my first musical ‘Fame’
Without realising, Disney has helped me achieve the wonderful things i've achieved in my life because he taught me “all our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them”

My favourite Disney Quote - "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

www.justdisney.com
www.brainyquote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment