Thursday, October 22, 2009

People I Admire - Katy Harris


Katy is currently the main show director at DisneyLand Paris. She started her career with Disney in 1994 dancing in the stage show of beauty and the beast and then went onto doing many of the other shows that were created in the park.

After a 5 years dancing for Disney she became an assistant show director and then eventually became the show director of Disney Land.

Katy was my director for the Winnie the Pooh show. I first met her on the show I did before Winnie, which she also directed. It was the Disney on Ice show ‘Mickey’s Winter Wonderland’ in which I played goofy. She was such a fantastic director to have on the Winnie show as she had entered Disney the same way I had. I was the first English boy to play the bi-lingual role of Christopher Robin and she helped me loose my northern accent when delivering the French lines. She herself moved to Paris not being able to speak a word of French and is now fluent in the language.

I admire how far she has come in 15 years and although I haven’t been on the journey she has I started in the same way and can see why she would stay with the company for so long and climb within it to achieve greatness.

She has a list of shows she has directed for Disney now and has even travelled to Florida, California and Disneyland Hong Kong to direct. What an achievement to say you are the entertainments director for a Disney Land park, one of the largest corporations in the world!

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/interviews/katy-harris-disneys-once-upon-a-dream-parade/

http://www.linkedin.com/in/katyharris

No comments:

Post a Comment